Open reviewing process

How do I sustain a loving, receptively responsive educational relationship with my pupils which will motivate them in their learning and encourage me in my teaching?

Philip Tattersall
Re: How do I sustain a loving, receptively responsive educational relationship with my pupils which will motivate them in their learning and encourage me in my teaching?
by Philip Tattersall - Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 1:39 AM

Hello Claire,

I felt I must wirte to you with my warm congratulations on your paper. I'm not a teacher so I hope my comments are of relevance and of some help. 

I see myself as a 'product' of  primary teaching here In  Tasmania durng the early 1960's. I wish you were my class teacher then!

As you have indicated those foundations in our early years are so vital. Many of us have grown up not realizing nor able to recognize why it is 'the way we are' and so in many cases what I term the opportunity for meaningful growth and flourishment and most of all recognition of 'possibility' are underdeveloped or worse simply missed.

You apprach sets te scene for meaningful life long learning in the broadest sense.

For me, your opening 'prelude',

"...I will ask myself what I have done that will influence them for better after they have gone. I will not therefore be as concerned with what they have learned, rather with how they have learned and how I may have supported and encouraged that learning and that child. "

Set the scene so beautifully....

Many thanks and warm regards,

Phil