Open reviewing process

How my Living Educational Theory Research contributed to My Living-Educational-Theory as a Primary School Teacher in Supporting Children to Recognise and Manage their Anxiety

Re: How my Living Educational Theory Research contributed to My Living-Educational-Theory as a Primary School Teacher in Supporting Children to Recognise and Manage their Anxiety

by Jocelyn Demirbag -
Number of replies: 2

Aloha Aislinn!

Mahalo for your your incredible energy in tackling this paper and refining it ever more clearly! I was going to say that we are just about there, just a few clean ups, and then post your paper with some clean up suggestions. However I now realize that I may not have responded to your most recent version. I am going to post what I worked on anyway, as there might still be some value for you in the comments, and then I will take a look at the version that says FINAL. I apologize for my confusion! 

Again, thank you for your persistence and I will come back to you one more time...

Aloha, Jocelyn

In reply to Jocelyn Demirbag

Re: How my Living Educational Theory Research contributed to My Living-Educational-Theory as a Primary School Teacher in Supporting Children to Recognise and Manage their Anxiety

by Jocelyn Demirbag -
Dear Aislinn,

I think I have responded to your latest iteration because it certainly is much clearer and smoother! Thank you for your hard work. Your own research deserves it! 

This was my favorite reading of your paper.  I have again attached a copy with my suggestions for editing and clarification for you to consider.

One observation I I have is that in this paper, you frequently refer to your learning-educational-theory but I don't believe you actually present it in this iteration. Was this intentional? I am guessing that the paper could be even stronger if you shared it with us.  It should be a statement that consolidates your learning from your research into one main point. While I can go with the recommendations of the other reviewers of your paper, this one thing would allow me to give your paper a much stronger recommendation for publication. 

I wish you the best of luck as you continue to apply your learnings in the classroom and feel happy for your students.

Aloha,
Jocelyn

In reply to Jocelyn Demirbag

by Aislinn Kennedy -
Aloha Jocelyn,

Thank you so much for your guidance and encouragement. I have taken on board your feedback and addressed your suggested points for consideration.

I have described my living-educational-theory, is this different to learning educational theory which you referred to in your message?

I have described my living-educational-theory more clearly and made a statement that consolidates my learning from my research into one main point in my Conclusion.
It reads 'My living-educational-theory is doing that extra bit to support my students to be happier through having better educational, social and emotional outcomes by teaching them to recognise and manage their anxiety. This is showing positive results for their personal wellbeing based on my action research data and my current teaching observations'.

Please let me know if this is what you meant by your suggestion.

I look forward to your response. Thank you once again for all of your feedback.

Warm regards,

Aislinn