Open reviewing process

How my Living Educational Theory Research contributed to My Living-Educational-Theory as a Primary School Teacher in Supporting Children to Recognise and Manage their Anxiety

How my Living Educational Theory Research contributed to My Living-Educational-Theory as a Primary School Teacher in Supporting Children to Recognise and Manage their Anxiety

by Aislinn Kennedy -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

Please find my draft paper attached. I have tried my best to address the points given by my blind reviewer. The main feedback was to reconstruct and reconceptualise my paper. I look forward to receiving your feedback and guidance.

Many thanks and warm regards,

Aislinn

(Edited by Marie Huxtable - original submission Tuesday, 14 September 2021, 10:33 PM)

In reply to Aislinn Kennedy

Re: How my Living Educational Theory Research contributed to My Living-Educational-Theory as a Primary School Teacher in Supporting Children to Recognise and Manage their Anxiety

by Aislinn Kennedy -

Dear Reviewers,

I have made some edits to my original draft paper. I have attached the updated version. 

I very much welcome your review and I look forward to your feedback. 

Many thanks for your time and support.

Warm regards,

Aislinn

Re: How my Living Educational Theory Research contributed to My Living-Educational-Theory as a Primary School Teacher in Supporting Children to Recognise and Manage their Anxiety

by Marie Huxtable -

posted on behalf of Neema

Dear Aisleen

I suggest you attend to this point:

Page 19   “ I now recognise myself as a change agent in the global educational sphere. This is validated by the comments below:

According to me you have done a great job and it was noticed at global level. These two comments support that you are definitely a change agent. Thus, the statement ‘In the global educational sphere’  is contradicting. The given evidence  is not enough to prove the statement. To  validate this statement you should provide  some examples of your work on a global platform which has brought change in the world not only in your classroom or school.

Looking forward to your next iteration

Neema

In reply to Marie Huxtable

by Aislinn Kennedy -
Dear Neema,

Thank you for raising this point with me. I fully agree with your feedback. I have now addressed this to read:

"While I have been influenced by my mother, my teachers, my university course lecturers, and my Master of Education Supervisor, I am now proud to be sharing my living-educational-theory with a wider global audience".

I feel the above is a fair reflection of my work as I do not have any other evidence about being a change agent. I hope this change has addressed your point.

Many thanks for your review and feedback.

Warm regards,

Aislinn

by Jocelyn Demirbag -

Dear Aislinn,

It sounds like you have had a wonderful adventure with your students that has left you stimulated as a teacher and learner, has given your students positive experiences, and has made your colleagues curious about what you are doing. Brava!  I think you have made a remarkable effort to structure your research into a living educational theory framework--thank you.  We all need these kinds of stories.

To best convey the value of your research and help others to understand and try out what you have learned, I think the paper requires one more round of revision to very explicitly address what your theory is, what your living contradiction is, what transformation means to you, and what your data is.  On the attached draft I have highlighted areas that could use clarification or asked questions calling for it.  Part of this process might include moving evidence/examples you cite about your students at the end of your paper next to the claims that you made in the earlier part of the paper. 

Please let me know if these suggestions are not clear to you--it may take a day or two for me to realize that you have added a question but I will try to check in to see if you have any.  Good luck with the next round and keep at it! We need this information!

Aloha,
Jocelyn

In reply to Jocelyn Demirbag

by Aislinn Kennedy -
Aloha Jocelyn,

Thank you so much for your very thorough review and constructive feedback. I found it very helpful and encouraging.

I agree with all of the points that you have mentioned. I have tried to address them as best I can. Please let me know if there is anything I missed or that needs further clarification.

I look forward to your next response.

Many thanks,

Aislinn
(P.S. Your Aloha brought me back to my Hawaiian backpacking days where I truly experienced the Aloha spirit of kindness, generosity, empathy and compassion. I felt the same spirit in your feedback-thank you).

In reply to Jocelyn Demirbag

by Jocelyn Demirbag -

Hi Aislinn,

I am so glad you could feel some warmth traveling over the airwaves! Given that we have never met, that makes me feel good about the dialogue we are engaging in!

You have done an outstanding job in revising your paper. It is so much more explicit and direct for the reader. I hope you feel good about that. I believe you also meet most of the criteria for publication. The one that I would like you to look at again is number 2. The main points are: 

• clearly includes the distinguishing qualities of a Living Educational Theory methodology and/or makes a contribution to the field of Living
  • Educational Theory research - see
https://ejolts.net/node/220

• "Do I present here educational research at the leading edge of the field; provide evidence of originality of mind and critical judgement, and material that is worthy of publication?"  Educational Journal of Living Theories 9(2): 1-23, http://ejolts.net/node/284

I do believe that you are presenting an LET methodology, and you present it well. 

What I would  like to ask you to do is to review your learnings, which are many, and which I have highlighted in your paper.  If you looked at your learnings, you could specifically identify an l-e-t that is yours instead of McNiff's. You identify important strategies and learnings; can you summarize them into something a bit more unique? An example might be something like this:   "McNiff said X involving doing an "extra bit". My extra bit is Y. If we do Y then Z."  This kind of statement may lead to an original Y then X l-e-t.  Again, it's about pushing yourself a little bit more to explicitly name your learning and contribution to the field. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about this or if it is not quite clear.

Aloha,

Jocelyn