Open reviewing process

Lived Spirituality

Lived Spirituality

by Neil Boland -
Number of replies: 11

Dear reviewers,

I would like to share my paper Lived spirituality: Exploring the richness of inner work with you for open review.

Best regards,

Neil Boland

In reply to Neil Boland

Re: Lived Spirituality

by Giulia Carozzi -
Dear Neil,

my name is Giulia and I will be part of your review team. I am very much looking forward to having a nice dialogue on your very interesting paper. I will hopefully send you my thoughts on it by the end of next week. Sometimes exchanging points of view in writing, instead of talking face to face, can be quite difficult, especially when, as in your case, the subject of the conversation is a very inner and personal experience... So, please, take whatever I will say as a desire to understand more of you and  of what you have decided to share. I always feel that bringing the inner experience into the public domain is a very brave gesture.

Best wishes,
Giulia
In reply to Giulia Carozzi

by Giulia Carozzi -
Hi Neil,

Please find attached my comments to the text and the template provided by Marie.
I have really enjoyed reading your paper and have learnt a lot in the process. Thank you for having shared your own journey with others. It is beautiful to see how much you have been dialoguing with great philosophers and thinkers, and how those have been influencing your own growth. I hope my comments will make sense to you...They are really open suggestions which do not want to take away anything from your very own personal experience. 
I think that with a bit more work the paper will be ready!

Best wishes,
Giulia 
In reply to Neil Boland

by Stephen Bigger -
Hi Neil, hi Guilla, I have been through your text a couple of times and then made detailed comments which are attached. I have also read through Guilla's helpful comments. First let me say you have an interesting and useful project. Since Rudolph Otto 'Das Heilig' (incorrectly translated as The Idea of the Holy) there has been a claim for 'the transcendent that Steiner also makes and comes across in this paper as 'the divine in the cosmos'. The interesting newer idea is whether a non-transcendent spirituality is possible. My detailed side notes show what needs tightening up and reordering to make your argument accessible to the reader. Have a go. It is obviously better to deal with these face to face, but since we can't, all comments are intended to be friendly and helpful. PS having trouble uploading
In reply to Stephen Bigger

by Neil Boland -
Dear Giulia and Stephen,
Thank you very much for your careful and detailed readings of my paper and for your helpful comments.
I'll attaching a further revision of the document - I will look forward to any feedback you have.
Thanks again,
Neil
In reply to Neil Boland

by Lesley Wood -
Dear Neil
I have not been posting here cos sending direct to Marie but I trust you got my feedback on your excellent article. I am happy that it has met all publishing criteria. Thank you
In reply to Lesley Wood

by Neil Boland -
Thanks very much, Lesley.
With best wishes from New Zealand,
Neil
In reply to Neil Boland

by Marie Huxtable -
IT problems so posted on behalf of Stephen Bigger

Recommend for publication S
Dr. Stephen Bigger.
In reply to Marie Huxtable

by Stephen Bigger -
I confirm this recommendation to publish. Details attached Sorry for delay, I had a fall. S
In reply to Stephen Bigger

by Marie Huxtable -
posted on behalf of Giulia

"Dear Neil,
First of all apologies for the delay in my response. I am having problems with logging in, so I have asked Marie to kindly post a message for you on my behalf. I have carefully read your new iteration and I have enjoyed it very much. Thank you for having so clearly followed the suggestions made. I recommend the paper for publication.
I wish you all the very best from Italy,
Giulia"
In reply to Marie Huxtable

by Neil Boland -
Thank you all for your helpful comments and for recommending the article for publication. I'll go through it again carefully and then send it off.
Ngaa mihi nui,
Neil