Open reviewing process

Living Theory Development of a Black African(Zulu)Male Erducator

Re: Living Theory Development of a Black African(Zulu)Male Erducator

by Jerome Thamsanqa Gumede -
Number of replies: 7
Dear Marie
I hope you are well. Kindly receive my journal article. May you give my gratitude to the review team for the guidance that they have given me. I have responded to their comments.
Thanks you for your support.
All the best.
Jerome
In reply to Jerome Thamsanqa Gumede

by Brian Jennings -
Hi Jerome,
Your already strong narrative has added vigour through the interpretative commentary that you have added. I think you are now close to completion. You have made good use of Preskill and Brookfield, but you don't need to tell your final readers you only chapter 1! But you do need to give an overview of Preskill and Brookfield's understanding of leadership and how this is relevant to your situation so that the comments you make later in the text will make greater sense. You also make very good use of Freire's concept of "conscientisation" but you work from a Wikipedia article. Better to work from the original if you have it - I consider it a "must read" for every educator. I attach an electronic copy below. I believe there is also an article on becoming a critical educator on EJOLTS https://ejolts.net/node/275
The other issues are more mundane and relate to typos and grammatical errors - which we all make! I have corrected these in the text.
You also need to ensure that your citations and references conform to the style required by EJOLTS. You will find these spelt out here: https://ejolts.net/files/Submission_Guidelines.pdf
In reply to Brian Jennings

by Brian Jennings -

by Brian Jennings -
Here is an article that contextualises Freire in an African context which should be interesting, but don't feel obliged to use it.

by Brian Jennings -
Some further thoughts, what is crucial here is your living theory, and this needs to be very clearly stated in your commentary on your leadership. If Preskill and Brookfield are helpful for this, use them, if not omit them. What must be ciearly stated in your conclusion is a summary of how your living theory is demonstrated in your leadership. I fear I may have been distracting you from this. Cite & references must still be tidied, though!

Brian.

by Jerome Thamsanqa Gumede -
Dear Brian
Kindly receive article. Thanks for the texts that you sent to me to read. Surely 'Pedagogy of the oppressed ids a must read for educators of all levels.
For more than five years I have had no uplifting comment such as that on being an organic intellectual , thanks once more.
All the best
Jerome

by Brian Jennings -
Dear Jerome,
Happy New Year! Well done for hanging in there to the end. I now believe that this article is ready for publication with some minor additions and corrections to the text, most of which I have indicated in the attached draft.

Well done!

Best regards,
Brian

by Stephen Bigger -
Dear Jerome, I have been through your latest text an great detail. There were some typos which I have corrected, and I have checked and formated the references. I am saying that this is now ready to go forward, and I see Brian is in agreement if you add a few things (see his comments). My corrected text is attached. So congratulations, the long wait is just about over and you can get on with the rest of your life. Have a prosperous new year, Stephen