Published papers

How am I improving my contribution to Living Theory research as a global social movement? An emancipatory dialogue between epistemology, ontology and axiology in Living Theory higher educational research.

Picture of Jack Whitehead
How am I improving my contribution to Living Theory research as a global social movement? An emancipatory dialogue between epistemology, ontology and axiology in Living Theory higher educational research.
by Jack Whitehead - Thursday, 1 November 2018, 8:22 AM

Here is my paper submitted for review on the 1st November 2018

Picture of Jocelyn Demirbag
Re: How am I improving my contribution to Living Theory research as a global social movement? An emancipatory dialogue between epistemology, ontology and axiology in Living Theory higher educational research.
by Jocelyn Demirbag - Thursday, 1 November 2018, 2:45 PM

Jack, I really enjoyed reading your paper, and in particular loved that you track how your theory has evolved, and that you land it in a place of global impact. I can say, living across the globe from you, that your thoughts have impacted me greatly, as has the process of participating with EJOLTS.  Reflecting on our values, being explicit about them, sharing how we make our judgments, and recognizing that we in fact do have impact on our own as well as others’ learning is a practice in honesty. Thank you.

I have made a number of small comments and suggestions in the paper.  One thought I did not list is perhaps the more explicit use of “emancipation” as a theme. You use the word very frequently, and we understand that you are freeing yourself, but might you also be saying that your evolution, or even Living Theory itself, is one of emancipation?  It just seems to be begging for thematic recognition somehow.  Such a powerful concept.

Mahalo for being an example of “living” and evolving for all of us,

Jocelyn
Re: How am I improving my contribution to Living Theory research as a global social movement? An emancipatory dialogue between epistemology, ontology and axiology in Living Theory higher educational research.
by Jocelyn Demirbag - Thursday, 1 November 2018, 2:46 PM

Here is the Rubric with my comments. jrd

by Jack Whitehead - Friday, 16 November 2018, 2:07 PM

Dear Jocelyn, Stephen and Bruce - many thanks for your reviewers' responses. I have tried to address your responses in the attached draft.

by Jocelyn Demirbag - Tuesday, 20 November 2018, 6:46 AM

Thank you, Jack, for working with the suggestions.  I recommend that the Editorial Board accept this paper for publication as I believe it meets the publishing criteria.

I appreciate your use of "emancipatory" as an adjective to Living Theory.

Aloha,

Jocelyn

Picture of Bruce Damons
by Bruce Damons - Thursday, 22 November 2018, 9:46 AM

I recommend that the Editorial Board accept this paper for publication as I believe it meets the publishing criteria.
Picture of Bruce Damons
by Bruce Damons - Monday, 12 November 2018, 11:40 AM

Dear Jack

Please find attached rubric, with reflections. Enjoyed reading article. Your journey does provided us, especially those who are new to this space, with a sense of optimism in what can be a conflicting space.

Picture of Stephen Bigger
by Stephen Bigger - Monday, 12 November 2018, 10:49 PM

Hi Jack, I enjoyed your paper and Cambridge conference paper. I recommend it for publication, comments attached. Will upload pro forma when I can. I have engaged in dialogue with the paper which I hope is helpful, do with it as you wish.

by Stephen Bigger - Monday, 12 November 2018, 11:00 PM

Jack's Pro forma attached

by Jack Whitehead - Monday, 19 November 2018, 6:53 PM

Many thanks Stephen - I'd missed that I'd used Barnabe rather that Boaventura in the de Sousa Santos reference - many thanks for the corrected.

by Stephen Bigger - Tuesday, 20 November 2018, 9:15 PM

20th November. I recommend Jack's paper to the EB but I do recommend you rethink your use of wikipedia for reference (social movement theory). Wiki articles are of mixed quality and may have changed by the time your paper is published and read. Stephen