Open reviewing process

Applying my living values of respect, integrity and creativity

Picture of Julian Manuel
Re: Applying my living values of respect, integrity and creativity
by Julian Manuel - Tuesday, 5 June 2018, 9:27 AM

Hello Joy, and thank you for taking the time to read my paper. I am working through it trying to understand your comments and address them. You’ve certainly given me a great deal to think about. However, there’s a couple of things that puzzle me - you say I mention ‘living theory’ at the top of page 7. I don’t have that. I’m aware of some ‘hiccups’ when using this site, for example, a previous reviewer (Moira) could not see my conclusion in its entriety, but the second reviewer could read the complete paper (?), so advised me that the conclusion could be bettered. So I’m wondering whether your version of my paper is correctly displayed for you. The second point I want to mention is my use of the word ’andragogic’ which is referenced. Andragogy is the science of how adults learn, as opposed to pedagogy - how children learn. Malcolm Knowles can be Googled if you’d like to see more about this. I’ll continue to try to improve my paper, although it is supposed to be ready for the June publication so I’m up against it now! Best wishes, Jules.