Open reviewing process

Living Research: How do I realise my capacity to create knowledge as I live towards my professional values in my practice? Caitriona McDonagh and Bernie Sullivan

Picture of Caitriona McDonagh
Living Research: How do I realise my capacity to create knowledge as I live towards my professional values in my practice? Caitriona McDonagh and Bernie Sullivan
by Caitriona McDonagh - Monday, 20 March 2017, 9:04 PM

Paper submitted for review

Picture of Pip Bruce Ferguson
Re: Living Research: How do I realise my capacity to create knowledge as I live towards my professional values in my practice? Caitriona McDonagh and Bernie Sullivan
by Pip Bruce Ferguson - Wednesday, 22 March 2017, 9:06 AM

Dear Caitriona and Bernie

I did enjoy reading this paper (track changed version attached). It is a most interesting account of work you have both done together, and is well supported with video evidence of its effects on folk you've worked with.

You need to ensure (a) that the 'voice' (I, we, you) is consistent throughout the paper, and that your values are clear. There are a couple of places where values are stated without being further elaborated, and one or two where it's hard to tell whether it's Caitriona's values or Bernie's, or a jointly-held value. I had the same peer feedback on my own submitted paper last year, and found it valuable. We can think we have made things crystal clear until somebody else reads it!

The paper was well structured and referenced, and I do think it will not take a lot of extra work to get it to publishable level. You will, of course, look forward to what your other two reviewers have to say.

Warm regards

Pip

Picture of Caitriona McDonagh
Re: Living Research: How do I realise my capacity to create knowledge as I live towards my professional values in my practice? Caitriona McDonagh and Bernie Sullivan
by Caitriona McDonagh - Thursday, 23 March 2017, 2:56 PM

Dear Pip,

Thank you for your swift response to our paper. You have made some useful and insightful comments on our draft, especially around our use of voice and the lack of clarity that occurs in relation to this at times. We will take your advice into consideration in our next draft.

Kind regards,

Caitriona and Bernie.